Want to Learn to Skate?
Join the Zotec Partners Carmel Ice Skadium coaching staff as they present our
Group Skating Lesson program. We offer group lessons on a 5 week or 6 week series schedule.
Each class is led by one of our professional instructors that will be limited to 12 skaters per instructor.
Skaters will be tested at the end of the 6 week series for mastery of the maneuvers taught at each
skill level. Skaters enrolled in the 5 week series will receive a certificate of participation. Each skater
enrolled in the 6 week series will receive a certificate upon completion, and with the instructors
recommendation, progress to the next level.
Session Dates Are As Folows:
DURATION CLASS ONLY CLASS + SKATE RENTAL
5 — Weeks $ 70.00 $ 85.00
CARMEL ICE SKADIUM PARTICIPATES IN THE UNITED STATES SKATING BASIC SKILLS PROGRAM. ALL LTS STUDENTS WILL NEED TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL MANDATORY $10 MEMBERSHIP FEE ONCE PER YEAR (Valid July 1—June 30. No pro-rating.) FOR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROGRAM.
- An official U.S. Figure skating basic skills membership card
- A brightly colored record book with stickers to track your progress through lessons
- A membership year patch
- Sport Accident Insurance
- General information about ice skating
- Basic skills edition of Skating Magazine
Class Schedule & Teaching Criteria
Tots (Snowplow Sam 1): 3 to 5 years old.
Basic 5: 6-12 years and passed Basic 4.
Freestyle 1: Skills: Advanced forward stroking, basic forward outside and forward inside consecutive edges, advanced back outside 3-turns, scratch spin, waltz jump from backward crossovers, half flip.
Freestyle 1-4 Combined
Beginner Adult: 13 years and up.
Skills: Basic 1 thru Basic 3.
Advanced Adult: 13 years and up.
Skills: Basic 4 thru Basic 6)
Saturday 12:15—12:45pm (All levels)
This is the order of progression of our classes. Testing is done anytime during last week of the session. If the instructor feels a student is ready to move on, then the test will be given. Each student will receive a badge for their completed skill level. We would like to suggest the following...
- Please allow 15 minutes early for check-in and to get skates prior to class start time.
- Those utilizing rental skates should request one size smaller than skaters shoe size.
- Dress warmly (jackets, gloves & hats are recommended).
- Helmets are encouraged, but not required.
- Parents are not permitted on the ice in the class area
|1. No make up classes are permitted at anytime during the series or semester.
2. Tuition will be pro-rated for classes missed from the beginning of the series/semester through the day the student enrolls. No pro-rating for classes student may miss in the future.
3. The management reserves the right to change the day and/or time of lessons. Management also reserves the right to combine classes.
4. Skaters wishing to transfer to a different class within the current series may do so with the consent of the skating director only, space permitting.
5. No refunds given after the start date of class.
6. A 20% bookkeeping fee may be charged for any cancellation, with the exception of a class canceled by the management for any reason.
|7. Refunds may be given under the following conditions:
A) The management must receive written notice of cancellation, stating reason (if medical—letter from attending physician is required)
B) The 20% bookkeeping fee, plus any regularly scheduled classes which have been taught before date cancellation is received (whether attended or not, shall be deducted from the refund.)
C) Cancellation may not be made during the last two (2)weeks of any semester for any reason.
8. Students assume the risks of skating; the student and parent or guardian agree that the Carmel Ice Skadium and/or Arctic Zone Iceplex is not responsible for injury to the student or for loss or damage to any personal property.