Freestyles are different than sessions. A freestyle session is a special practice session for figure skaters to work on their jumps, spins, dance and skating routines.
Freestyle Sessions are for I US Figure Skating level Basic 4 or above.
- Open Freestyle Session: are open to skaters who have passed Basic 4 and above.
- High Freestyle sessions: are open to skaters who have passed their Intermediate Freestyle test or Adult Silver Freestyle test.
- Pairs Session: are open to pair skaters only.
- Open FS/ Pairs Session: are open to skaters who have passed Basic 4 and above and all pair teams.
- High FS/ Pairs Session: are open to skaters who have passed their Intermediate Freestyle test or Adult Silver Freestyle test. and all pair teams.
Freestyle Rules & Regulations
- Skaters must check in at front desk before skating.
- Skaters must wear appropriate skating attire. NO JEANS, BARE MIDDRIFFS, or OFFENSIVE LOGO WEAR
- Stomping or kicking the ice will not be tolerated…any coach may dismiss any skater off the ice for that reason if their behavior warrants a “timeout” period.
- Spins are practiced in center ice. Jumps are practiced at either end of the ice. Please pay attention when working in the Lutz corners!!
- Coaches always have the right of way, on the ice…NEVER, NEVER tell a coach to move!!!!!
- Skaters having a lesson have the second right of way!!
- Skaters not having a lesson, but skating to their music, have the next right of way…HOWEVER, coaches should make every attempt to move out of a skater’s way, as much as possible.
- Coaches have priority playing music. If a skater needs their music played on a freestyle and not having a lesson, they will need to place their music next to the player in order. It is first come-first served for music. Coaches can bump anyone to play their lessons music. Background music will be chosen by the coaches, NOT the skaters.
- Parents are asked to stand clear of the dasher boards. Viewing of freestyles can be done from the lobby area or bleachers.
- ONLY water bottles are permitted.
- Please throw away your kleenex.
- Doors to ice surface are to remain closed for safety issues.
- ALL sessions MUST be paid for before getting on the ice.
- Carmel Ice Skadium / Arctic Zone reserves the right to cancel any classes or sessions
COACHES/PARENTS ARE, ALSO, RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR SKATERS. PLEASE ENSURE SKATERS ARE CLEAR ON THESE RULES.