No Skating Experience? No Problem!
Our Learn to Skate program consists of a comprehensive lesson and evaluation structure that is very exciting, rewarding, safe, and fun. Whether your goal is to achieve Olympic fame or simply enjoy the recreational benefits of skating, Arctic Zone is the place to start!
First-time skaters welcome! Classes available for ages 3—Adult.
To register call: 317 896 2155
Learn to Skate program consists of a comprehensive lesson and evaluation structure that is very exciting, rewarding, safe, and fun. Whether your goal is to achieve Olympic fame or simply enjoy the recreational benefits of skating, the Zotec Partners Carmel Ice Skadium Learn to Skate program is the place to start!
First-time skaters welcome!
Benefits of Registering for Learn to Skate Group Lessons:
- Skate rental included
- Learn To Skate USA membership included
- Subscription to Learn To Skate USA The Magazine
- 25 min class
Welcome to Learn to Skate! We are thrilled to have your child join us for what is sure to be a positive, fun, and exciting adventure on ice. To help navigate you through the first day of class, we’ve put together a few FAQs. See you at the rink!
What to Wear? Wear warm, flexible layers: sweat pants or athletic “warm up” pants, long sleeve sweat shirt and jacket, long socks, and gloves. Where to Go on the First Day?
- Please arrive 20 minutes early and check-in at the table located in the lobby. You will receive Punch Card (for 3 free Public Skate sessions)
- If you need skates, please proceed to the “Skate Rental” counter for assistance. Request skates that are the same size as your shoe size, or one size smaller. Half sizes are not available.
- Once you have your child’s skates on, you can go directly to the ice rink door. The coaches will help the skaters onto the ice and then divide them into groups for lesson time.
Where Do Parents Watch? Please enjoy watching your player’s class from the upstairs or the lobby. In effort to provide the optimal learning environment for your skater, we respectfully request that parents do not instruct or offer corrections from the sidelines. No shoes allowed on the ice. What to Expect: Skating lessons are a fun and exciting challenge for children. Our goal is for your child to have a positive introduction to the ice, have fun, learn to skate, make friends, and begin to improve. One of the first skills skaters will learn is how to get up after falling. Coaches do not pick skaters up. It’s important from the start that skaters learn to get up on their own. How Are the Groups Divided? First-time skaters are divided up by age, with age 3-5 in Snowplow Sam, and 6 or older, who have not previously taken group classes, will be placed in Basic 1. All other skaters will be evaluated by an instructor to determine proper class placement. How Does My Child Progress to the Next Class Level: Each level has certain skills that must be mastered before moving up to the next. Evaluation is ongoing. Skaters are evaluated every class, and are moved up to the next skill level as soon as they demonstrate they can execute the curriculum in their current class level. For a list of class levels and required elements please click the next tab labeled “Levels and Skills”. When is Class? And When is Free Time? Our program includes 25 minutes of professional group lesson instruction, plus 35 minutes of open free time for practice.
- 11:45am – 12:10pma Classes: Snowplow Sam Tier 1, Basic 1, 2, 3, and 4: Skaters can remain on the ice after class for 35 minutes of free time to practice.
- 12:20pm – 12:45pma Classes: Basic 5, 6, Pre Free, Free Skate 1 – 4, and Adult: Skaters will have 35 minutes of free time to practice before their class.
If you have any questions please ask your Coach, stop by the Guest Services desk, or send an e-mail. Our hope for every skater is that they will work hard, have fun, make friends, and come off the ice with a giant smile. For any questions contact Marie Vichova-Millikan at 317.844.8889 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn Skate Classes – Series A
Not Offered at the time!
11:45am – 12:10pm
12:20pm – 12:45pm
Free Skate 1-4
Adults (ages 18 & up)
Series A August 24, Sept 7, 14, 21, 28, Oct 5
Tuesday 6 weeks $125.00
Saturday 6 weeks $125.00
Tuesday 6 weeks $175.00
Saturday 6 weeks $175.00